Happy Holidays to all you book lovers out there!
The tradition continues with my third annual Recommended Reading List. This year’s list is shorter than in the past, due to the fact that I no longer have an hour each day to read while commuting on the el. My New Year’s resolution is to read more–as the saying goes, “So many books, so little time.”
So here is my list for 1995, in no particular order. Enjoy!
- Nobody’s Fool, Richard Russo (1993)
- The Well, Elizabeth Jolley (1986)
- A Town Like Alice, Nevil Shute (1963)
- The Road From Coorain, Jill Ker Conway (1989)
- Dead Man Walking: An Eyewitness Account of the Death Penalty in the United States, Sister Helen Prejean (1993)
- Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl, The Definitive Edition (1995)
- Crazy In Alabama, Mark Childress (1993)
- Sacred Hunger, Barry Unsworth (1992)
- Justice, Larry Watson (1995)
- Private Altars, Katherine Mosby (1995)