Happy Holidays to all you book lovers out there!
Another year has come and gone–I can’t believe I’m composing my fourth annual book list! Here are my favorite books of 1996, in no particular order.
- My Old Man and the Sea: A Father and Son Sail Around Cape Horn, David Hays and Daniel Hays (1995)
- The Old Curiosity Shop, Charles Dickens (1841)
- Zombie, Joyce Carol Oates (1995)
- I, Claudius, Robert Graves (1934)
- One True Thing, Anna Quindlen (1994)
- Snow Falling on Cedars, David Guterson (1995)
- Barrel Fever, David Sedaris (1995)
- The Sweet Hereafter, Russell Banks (1992)
- Emma, Jane Austen (1815)
- Oblivion, Josephine Hart (1995)
- Sights Unseen, Kaye Gibbons (1995)