Happy New Year to all you book lovers out there!
My fourteenth season of book recommendations comes at the conclusion of a hectic, stressful, crazy whirlwind of a year.
Throughout the year, books and movies proved a welcome (and sometimes healing) distraction as well. What follow are those books I most enjoyed and wanted to share with you. I continue to update my website 2Things@Once with all my book notes, including reviews for books that didn’t make the list.
- The Corrections, Jonathan Franzen (2001)
- The Tender Bar, J.R. Moehringer (2005)
- All the King’s Men, Robert Penn Warren (1946)
- Far From the Madding Crowd, Thomas Hardy (1874)
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Ken Kesey (1962)
- Cup of Gold, John Steinbeck (1929)
- Night, Elie Wiesel (1960)
- A Death in the Family, James Agee (1957)
- Blue Latitudes: Boldly Going Where Captain Cook Has Gone Before, Tony Horwitz (2002)
- Tears of the Giraffe, Alexander McCall Smith (2000)
- The War of the Worlds, H.G. Wells (1898)
- Birds in Fall, Brad Kessler (2006)
- Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde (1891)
- The March, E.L. Doctorow (2005)
- The End, Lemony Snicket (2006)