NaBloPoMo, Day 3
- My favorite opera singer Frederica von Stade in recital at the CSO. It reminded me how much I enjoyed watching her perform at the Lyric Opera.
I Was Reminded
- How mediocre Starbucks coffee is. I’m totally spoiled by having Metropolis Coffee served in all three of my favorite coffee shops. But I was down in the loop and the only coffee joint I could find for a warm up last Saturday was Starbucks. Rhymes with sucks. Halfway through a latte I realized it had no flavor whatsoever. As in coffee flavor. There’s a reason why folks put sugary syrups in their S’bux lattes, it’s so they’ll taste like something. Their drip coffee is too acidic and burnt. The latte I had tasted like the cardboard cup it came in.
I Found a New Favorite Recipe
- Onion pie, from the New York Times. Carmelized onions, lots of them, with eggs, cream, and cheese in a saltine cracker crust. I didn’t say it was healthy, but man, is it ever good. Easy and quick to make, serve it with a fresh salad and you’ve got some great comfort food for a fall night.
- Thirty days of straight blogging as part of NaBloPoMo.
- Way too much Halloween candy waiting for the kiddos to show at the door. Damn you Smarties!